Monday, April 5, 2010

EASTER

Sometimes I don't feel like playing the role that parents should play on holidays. When it is late and the kids are in bed and I should be busily getting ready for the next day...

The house is quiet and in those moments of stillness I miss the company... the companionship of doing it with someone. Or the ability to make someone else do it. Or the complaining that I have to do it. :)

Last Easter my kids walked to the Hallmark store and bought me a present and some candy. They made me an Easter Basket and hid it. I had no idea. In moments like that, I thank God for giving me such good kids.

I love these kids. I love that I can still see their father in them. I love that they are patient (sometimes) with my inability to be the perfect mom and dad at the same time.

I am grateful that I have them to force me to celebrate the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment