Saturday, March 20, 2010

THE BEGINNING, part 2

After four months I was feeling very frustrated. Although my job was going well, I saw no reason for me to be sacrificing this time away from my family. I earnestly prayed to my Heavenly Father. I needed to feel reassured that I was doing the right thing. My answer came as no answer I have ever received before. I felt my Heavenly Father’s love so strongly and so clearly. I knew that he loved me and that as I continued to counsel with him in all things, He would direct my path. I knew He had a plan that was greater than what I could understand. And overwhelmingly, I felt his great love for me.

Not long after, my husband had gone in for a routine physical and through some follow-up work he was diagnosed with cancer. It became very clear that the extra income provided by my working would soon be needed as we prepared for expensive treatments, many tanks of gas to and from the hospital and for a loss of income as my husband took a leave of absence from his work. So many times I have looked back on that time and have been so grateful I was able to take that leap of faith. Had I delayed the Lord may not have been able to bless me with a job that provided me the level of income I was able to bring in and the extreme flexibility.

Our Heavenly Father knows and loves us. If we open ourselves and our lives he will direct our paths for good. And when our aching grows or when we need to turn for peace our Heavenly Father is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment