Sunday, February 14, 2010

VALENTINE'S DAY

Let's face it... there ARE a few advantages to being widowed. So, here is a list of the pro's and con's of being a widow on Valentine's Day....

PRO'S
*No one buys me a useful gift, like a bathroom scale, for Valentine's Day. In fact I can buy myself whatever I want, and if I splurge there is no one to 'justify' the expense to.
*I don't have to listen to anyone complain about what a 'crock' the holiday is
*I don't have to find a perfect gift to give
*I don't have to wonder if my husband will even remember to do something
*I don't have to cook a nice meal. I can have a bowl of cereal or take myself out for steak... the choice is completely mine
*I am not frustrated by the lack of preparation that went in to the day

CON'S
*My love... is not here

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day from a girl who had to listen to complaints about what a "crock" valentines day is. Also, wondered if my husband might get me something. no chance. He said he might make dinner. We'll see.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I love it Erin! Your husband and mine would have been good friends... I know it. :) Smile and just love 'em for what they are!

    ReplyDelete