Monday, July 26, 2010

WILL LIFE EVER BE CALM?

There is supposed to be a calm before the storm. These days I feel more like I have had storm, clean up, storm, clean up, storm, etc. I am looking for the calm. I am looking for the time in my life that I can sit and read and study and think about what I want to. I don't know what that is... because I don't have time to think about what I would think about if I had time to think.

I do have a list of a few things I should think about if given the opportunity... but I haven't gotten to them yet. I am afraid that by the time I do I will have forgotten what I was going to think about.

We talked about the Widow of Zarephath in Sunday School today. The 'take away' I left with was the thought to just 'go and do'.

I may feel as though I am not very interesting any more... but I suppose there are things of larger concern right now. So, I will just go and do. And I know my life will continue to be blessed.

The Widow of Zarephath was promised that her curse of oil would not fail.... if she just followed the prophet. I suppose I hope to bind the Lord in a similar manner. And if He is not concerned that I am not so interesting... why should I?

No comments:

Post a Comment