Friday, June 25, 2010

I HAD A DREAM

In an effort to capture some lessons... today I reflect on a dream I had. It was about nine months after Chris passed. My whole life seemed crazy. As a mother, I felt ineffective. At work, I felt exhausted. My house, needed attention. And I had recently started a relationship with Guy #1 that was not going too well at the time and was exhausting me.

One night I had a dream. I was somewhere and they were training and working with these sharks. I was in the water and this shark attacked me. My instinct was to fight back and get my arm out of his mouth, but the thought came to me to be calm and wait. So, I sat there not moving and the shark did the same. My arm was still in his mouth, but he wasn't biting harder or anything like that. Then one of the trainers saw the shark had my arm and began to wrestle with the shark. He ended up losing his hand and several fingers. The shark died a short time later.

I woke up from that dream feeling like it was a message to me. I needed to be calm and I would hurt less. Eventually it would all pass - but in the meantime it would hurt less if I was calm.

I was empowered by the mental energy that came as a result and things changed.

I need to remember that lesson more. Be calm.. and you will hurt less. In time, things will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment