Thursday, May 20, 2010

LOOKING FORWARD

To look backward for a while is to refresh the eye, to restore it, and to render it the more fit for its prime function of looking forward.

-Margaret Fairless Barber


I know I have not been good at writing this week. My mind has not been into it. I write for a few purposes.

1. I want to capture this journey. This IS my diary. And I am so glad to do it retrospective. To be able to say... THIS is what came from what I went through.

2. Healing. I need to close this door. Despite my moving on in life the door was left open. At five years, I knew I needed to close it. To really say, I have a new life and I need to get to living it. There has been pain and suffering, but there have been blessings without number. Writing about this journey has allowed me to find the unclosed doors and the cracks and seal it all up.

3. And I do it publicly, why? You tell me. I hope for some, this has increased their testimony of Jesus Christ. That they have realized where they can turn for shelter in the storms of life. And for any who have suffered loss.... may you see there is someone out there who is crazier than you, or at least equal.

This could sound like the last of my posts... but it is not. I have more I need and want to capture. This is just a break these past few days... as I am looking forward. And in looking forward, my mind has struggled to go back. More and more cracks and doors are closed... and seeing in becomes a little more of a chore. It becomes more of a process for me to get in and grab the embers that I want to bring with me.

Stay tuned... And thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment