Saturday, May 22, 2010

FEELING COMPLETE

My widow friend 'J' made a comment to me yesterday about how she is feeling complete without her husband. It was like a light bulb that went off in my head... and I realized that is the key. I have never thought too much about the whys in missing someone - but it occurs to me now that a lot of missing them is related to the void felt in our own lives because they are not here. We are no longer complete. And until we brick by brick re-build our lives to create a new life that is strong and full, we will continue to see and feel the void that is there.

Step-by-step.... brick-by-brick..... We rebuild until we can honestly look at ourselves and say..I am feeling complete without him. At that point they are not gone, but they are treasured. But you are complete and can continue to build on your new foundation a life that is great and grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment