Thursday, May 12, 2011

MAY 11, 2010

After finding his photo on Saturday night the fun was over and we were back to life.  I still figured months down the road when my friend's divorce was final that I would set her up... he was too good not to match him up with someone.

Somehow my great plans changed when I received a text message.  The message was sent at 3:07 on Tuesday afternoon.  It was R.  He wanted to know if I ever made it to see Date Night, and if not if I would be interested in going to the Opera House to see it with him that evening.  I was not in my office when that message came in, but I froze with disbelief when I casually sat at my desk thirty minutes later and saw a missed call, voicemail and text message all from him.  I did what any normal girl would do under such circumstances... I ran.  I went over to my friend's desk and divulged the secret.  What should I do, what should I say??  She followed me back to my office where we could discuss my options... of course she felt the obvious answer was GO!  I froze. I don't date. I don't want to date.  I am so done with that part of my life.  She continued to prod... Go!!

I was fearful and answering a yes made me incredibly uncomfortable.  I just didn't want to go there.  If I say yes, eventually I have to say no.. and that is hard and some guys don't get it when you do say no, if you said yes once before.  Ugh.  I was not about to start that nightmare.  But... I was intrigued.  There was a big part of me that WANTED to say YES. 

I sent my reply.  I let him know I would need to check in on my kids after work.  One had been under the weather and I would need to check-in to make sure all was well.  I said I'd get back to him after 5:00.

I had just bought myself an hour that I could spend weighing the pros and cons of accepting his date.

No comments:

Post a Comment