Sunday, August 29, 2010

PERHAPS IT GETS EASIER

As I sat in church today... they sang two of the songs that were sung at Chris' funeral.

It is hard to sing those songs without my mind's eye returning to that moment over 5 1/2 years ago that those very songs were being sung as a testimony to the life my husband led and the faith we had of what would come.

One of the songs, There Is A Green Hill Far Away, was sung by his youngest brother. A song that testified of our Savior's atonement. The other, God Be With You Till We Meet Again, was sung by my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. They came close to making it through the song without being choked up.

I sang them in church today. I was strong, void of any emotion except fond remembering. Perhaps it gets easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment