Thursday, January 27, 2011

BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE

School was cancelled on Monday as the morning temperature read a balmy -16 degrees. It is fitting.


January is always cold... well, because it is January. The week after Chris passed I remember frigid temperatures. There was no deisre to hang around at the cemetary... it was too cold to be outside for too long.

I don't remember January being so bitterly cold in years before Chris' passing.

But since his passing, I remember that week in January following his death. I remember how cold it was. That was the week our back patio cracked from the bitterly cold temperatures (or as a statement of sadness over its' owners' death).

The cold sticks out to me now.... the temperatures in the negatives. It seems very fitting for the events that transpired in my life in the month of January.

No comments:

Post a Comment