Friday, September 10, 2010

TENDER MERCIES

I have a friend whose young son is fighting cancer. That is a trial, I cannot imagine. She wrote these words the other day, that I felt I could relate to. They took me back to those days.

“I think about all the people going about their lives down on the street. Is it really possible that there are people doing normal things like going to soccer practice and homework, etc? Once in a while I have a brief fleeting moment of being envious of the normalcy of other's lives. Then I come back to my own reality and be thankful of my blessings: I get to spend quality time with my little man, there is always someone with a worse story than ours, I have a husband and partner to help me through this instead of having to make the decision of leaving my child here alone, we have this wonderful facility right in our backyard. Yes, this is bad. Yes, it will get worse. Yes, I am blessed anyway.”

It evoked memories of similar feelings. There is something very precious and sacred about the quality time and relationship that can be developed while 'locked' in a small room.

I have come out the other side and find myself feeling very normal some days... and on those days I remember fondly, the 'abnormal' life that brought a different kind of pace and focus. I am grateful for these tender mercies from God. When He reminds us to see the good.

2 comments:

  1. It's wierd when I am going through tough times it overwhelms me to drive down the street or look around and realize that if I knew each person's story they also may have significant things like mine and that I've been unaware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have talked about this before

    http://www.diaryofawidow.com/2010/03/understanding_08.html

    It is very true. Everyone DOES have a story. No one will escape life without their own.

    jessicaperterson, Thanks for reminding us how this ties in every day!

    ReplyDelete