Wednesday, September 29, 2010

CALL TO ACTION

This post is designed for all of you who are NOT widows.

Check your life insurance. OK. Number 1. GET life insurance. I have shared before that I didn't have much in terms of life insurance that covered my husband getting sick and dying. But, even what I thought I had - I didn't get it all. So, that is today's message: CHECK your insurance.

Let me briefly explain. I was working full-time at the time of Chris' death. As one of the benefits at my work, I was entitled to a $10,000 insurance policy should my husband die. Well, he DID die... but then my HR department (which was in a state far far away)informed me that there was an error in my paperwork that I had filled out upon my hire at the company - and therefore, my husband was NOT insured.

How crazy... a little goof, that had I not goofed, I could have the money to put a new roof on my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment